PARMA Sacramento Chapter Meeting
May 17, 2023
8:30AM - 1:00PM
8:30 – 9:00 AM - Breakfast & Networking
9:00 - 9:05 AM - Welcome and Announcements
9:05- 10:15 AM - Mitigating Burnout and Leading for Well-being
By the end of the session, participants will:
• Understand the root causes and impacts of employee burnout, including recognizing how their role as leaders can impact the drivers of burnout.
• Take the opportunity to share best practices, reflect on their own personal well-being and stress management practices, and begin to mitigate burnout with their direct reports, their teams, and the organization.
• Commit to 3 actions that model behavior conducive to supporting/creating a culture of health and well-being here at KP that take aim at the drivers of burnout.
Andrea Notch Mayzeles, MPH CHES, Workforce Health Consultant
Andrea is a Workforce Health Consultant in Northern California and subject matter expert in mental health. She has worked for Kaiser for ten years serving as a Health Educator and Project Manager overseeing Kaiser’s Healthy Workforce program for Napa Solano medical center staff and physicians.
10:15-10:30 AM - Break
10:30 – 11:45 AM - Return-to-Work Best Practices for Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) have always presented some of the most challenging issues in injured worker treatment and workers’ compensation claims management. This session will help claims, HR, risk management and healthcare professionals understand the symptoms, best practices, expected outcomes and return-to-work probabilities for workers impacted by TBI’s. Our experts in these respective injury types will provide valuable insights and ideas to inform your approach, decision-making, and actions.
Holly Garrett, MSN,RN CCM. Nurse Education Manager at Choices Case Management
Holly is a Registered Nurse with 36 years of comprehensive nursing experience. She is a Certified Nurse Case Manager with 18 years of experience in Workers Compensation . As Nurse Education Manager, Holly is responsible for the training of nursing staff at Choices Case Management. Holly has provided medical education in academia as well as hospital staff development, community-based settings, and worker’s compensation. She has recently led educational webinars for Choices and their clients.
11:45 AM – 12:00 - Break
12:00 - 1:00 PM - Lunch and Networking
Location with free parking:
Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs Association (APAPA) National Headquarters
4000 Truxel Rd, Suite 3
Sacramento, CA 95834
- FREE to Public Entity Employees
- $45 for Associate Members
Sponsorships are available! Please email at email@example.com
Speaker opportunities are available! Please email Carrie Willson at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Raffle Prizes, too** Must be present to win