September 16, 2021
8:15am - 11:15am
Click here to download the event flyer
8:15 – 8:30 a.m. Welcoming and Introduction of Speakers
Presenter: Carrie Willson, Parma Sacramento Chapter Chair
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. “Connected Healthcare” - Innovation in Health Plan Design, Administration and Healthcare Delivery.
Presenter: Tom Sher, Sr. VP & a Partner, Public Entity Benefit Group, Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.
9:35 – 9:45 a.m. Break
9:45 –10:00 a.m. Raffle 1st half, Final Raffle at 11 am
Must be present when name is called to win.
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. “Preventing Same Level Falls.” - Download handout
Bill Taylor, CSP, CEAS | Risk Services Manager Sedgwick
11:00-11:15 a.m. Final Raffle and Closing
Tom Sher with Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.
- Senior Vice President and a Partner in the Public Entity Benefit Group of Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. based in San Francisco.
- Tom has been a benefits consultant for over 35 years.
- His clients include a number of Counties, Cities, Special Districts, public schools and colleges as well as PRISM, ACSIG and other California Joint Powers Authorities.
- Tom consults to public employers both in and out of the CalPERS health benefits plans.
- Tom works extensively with management and labor unions in the context of Joint Labor-Management processes.
- Tom is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and the European Institute of Business Administration and served in the Gulf of Tonkin in 1972-1974 during the war in Viet Nam.
Bill Taylor with Sedgwick
- Risk Services Manager with Sedgwick.
- Prior to joining Sedgwick, Bill served as the City of Anaheim Safety Manager and as the Safety Officer for the City of Pomona and City of Pasadena. In these roles, he administered each City’s safety programs for the City’s employees and departments.
- Bill regularly performed park inspections, risk assessments, and safety training for various City departments.
- Bill has developed and implemented several safety policies including Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plans, Wildfire Smoke Policy, Heat Illness Prevention Plans, Fall Protection Program, Fatality-Serious Injury Precursor Checklists, Job Safety Analysis, and PPE Hazard Assessments.