IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
For more than 50 years, Sedgwick has been helping employers answer virtually every question there is about workers’ compensation. We have experience in nearly every type of industry and region and provide the industry’s broadest range of programs and services.
Company Website: https://sedgwick.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Sedgwick/job/Brea-CA/Claims-Examiner---Wo...
Job Title: Claims Examiner - Workers Compensation
To analyze complex or technically difficult workers' compensation claims to determine benefits due; to work with high exposure claims involving litigation and rehabilitation; to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within service expectations, industry best practices and specific client service requirements; and to identify subrogation of claims and negotiate settlements.
- 5+yrs of workers compensation experience
- Public entity (4850) experience preferred
- Subject matter expert of appropriate insurance principles and laws for line-of-business handled, recoveries offsets and deductions, claim and disability duration, cost containment principles including medical management practices and Social Security and Medicare application procedures as applicable to line-of-business.
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Service Expectations
Apply by: Wed, 04/27/2022