Job Title: Software Developer (OutSystems)
The Software Developers primary responsibilities will include development of new enterprise level software systems and support of existing systems and platforms.
This role will be responsible for assisting in the design, development and implementation of software solutions to address complex business issues, and providing technical expertise within the IT department. The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with a solid web development background and excellent interpersonal skills.
When applicable, all new development initiatives will be done using the OutSystems, low-code platform. These development initiatives may be accomplished by collaborating with a 3rd party vendor or a Systems Integrator. This position will work with internal staff on all aspects of software development projects.
The ideal candidate will have an Associates’ Degree or higher, or at least three years of increasingly responsible work experience in application development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to work through a project from conception to completion
• Design, development, test, document and support web applications
• Previous experience with web-based software development
• Mid-to-expert level understanding of:
o .NET Platform
o REST APIs
o Object-oriented programming
• Familiarity with relational databases / SQL Server
• Exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working with people
• Works well in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
• Agile Scrum
• Experience creating and supporting APIs
• Object Oriented Programming and Architecture
• Data migration, transformation and scripting
• Experience in building integrations, interfaces and ETL processes
• SQL Database design and development
• Solid understanding of database structures and transactional information
• Ability to build reusable code and libraries
• Application optimization (speed and scalability)
• Responsive Design
• Knowledge of Accessibility standards for customer-facing applications
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for full software development life cycle
• Knowledge of and experience with content management systems, customer relationship management systems, databases, claim and policy administration or underwriting systems
• Ability to keep current with emerging web technologies
• Familiarity with progressive web applications
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
• AWS Platform
• Insurance industry experience
Physical requirements of this position typically include: reaching, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move.
PRISM strives to compensate its employees within very competitive salary ranges. The hiring salary range for this position is $6,661 - $8,160 per month. Salary adjustments are based on individual merit and accomplishments. A generous benefit package is provided including Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with coverage options including health, dental and vision; long-term disability and short-term disability insurance; life insurance; optional deferred compensation program; and sick and vacation leaves. As a PERS participant, PRISM employees are exempt from paying Social Security except for the Medicare portion of the cost.
This is a fully remote position.
Please visit our website at www.prismrisk.gov to obtain an application. This position will remain open until filled.
Apply by: Mon, 05/31/2021