City of San Mateo
Job Title: Senior HR Analyst (Recruitment and Class/Comp) AND Senior Risk Management Analyst (Workers' Comp/EE Safety)
The City of San Mateo is hiring for 2 positions: Senior HR Analyst (Recruitment/Class/Comp) and Senior Risk Management Analyst (Workers' Comp and EE Safety)
What You’ll Do
The Senior Human Resources Analyst oversees full-cycle recruitment activities for the City. Duties include conducting recruitment planning meetings with hiring managers; overseeing the creation of job announcements and posting of positions on Calopps.org, professional websites and social media outlets; and determining appropriate examination processes to create employment lists. This position also monitors position control, builds new job specifications and recommends salary ranges, and coordinates reclassification studies.
The Senior Risk Management Analyst oversees the City’s self-insured workers’ compensation program. Duties include acting as liaison with our third party administrator, employees, and managers throughout the claims process. The position oversees aspects of employee safety, including DOJ criminal history reviews; DOT driver enrollment and required random drug screenings; and city-wide safety trainings. This Analyst serves as the City’s ADA coordinator, engaging in the interactive process with employees and managers and determining potential accommodations.
For a complete list of duties, reference our job specifications at www.cityofsanmateo.org
Who You Are
• You are highly motivated and possess knowledge of advanced principles and practices of recruitment, classification and compensation; and/or workers’ compensation and employee safety processes
• You have the passion and ability to direct and perform complex human resources work
• You desire to contribute to a positive work environment that fosters motivation, collaboration, coaching and engagement of our workforce.
What You Bring
• Senior Human Resources Analyst: At least seven years of increasingly responsible Human Resources experience
• Senior Risk Management Analyst: At least five years of professional risk management administration, with at least two years in workers’ compensation
• For both: The equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Bonus Points (highly desirable but not required)
• SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, HRCI-PHR, HRCI-SPHR, ARM, WCCA, or WCCP certification
Apply by: Mon, 03/19/2018