Job Title: Accounting Manager
• The Accounting Manager position is distinguished by the level of accountability to internal and external clients, the broad level of technical expertise required, and the leadership assumed. Employees at this level are responsible for overseeing the completion of accounting and financial activities for clients, and for ensuring the overall timeliness and satisfaction of such services. The Accounting Manager takes direction from the Director of Accounting Services, and the General Manager of their assigned clients, and is responsible for ensuring that such direction is fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• The Accounting Manager must have a general knowledge of self-insurance and pooling techniques and practices in order to assist other service teams and General Manager with research and analysis as required. The Accounting Manager must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management. The Accounting Manager exercises independent judgment, provides direct supervision of the work assigned to senior and staff accountants, and provides technical assistance, oversight, coaching, and mentoring as appropriate.
• Provides innovative and effective analysis to enhance management and client understanding of complicated financial issues
• Responsible for planning, organizing, and reporting financial status and options
• Works with a variety of vendors, including actuaries, auditors and investment advisors to perform complex data analysis
• Prepares written reports for, and makes oral presentations to, client Boards of Directors, Committees, and other parties
• Serves as the financial subject matter expert for public agency clients
• Performs analysis related to member underwriting, self-insured retention changes, experience-modification and cost allocation formulas
• Oversees accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
• Oversees reconciliations of monthly bank and investments
• Effectively oversees investment advisor and treasury management
• Oversees management of general ledger
• Prepares quarterly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Reviews quarterly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Prepares annual budget, and all other annual report processes, including program year accounting and retrospective adjustment calculations
• Oversees annual financial audit
• Supervises the work of Senior and Staff Accountants
• Effectively communicates with Director of Accounting and client administrators with regard to work assignments, absences, and other departmental matters
Interested applicants should apply at the following website: https://yorkrsg.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/YorkRiskServices/job/Sacramento-Bi...
Apply by: Fri, 02/16/2018