Job Title: Human Resources Division Manager - Leave Management Programs
Essential Job Functions
1. Assumes management responsibility for assigned services and activities of one or more divisions within the Human Resources Department, which may include maintenance of personnel records; workforce development; human resources information systems and benefits program administration, employee assistance and absence management. The HR Division Manager may be assigned to manage other divisions at the AGM’s discretion.
2. Manages and participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned programs; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
3. Coordinates activities between departmental divisions to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service departmental operations; monitors delivery methods and procedures; recommends, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
4. Conducts a variety of organizational studies, investigations and operational studies; recommends modifications to assigned human resources services programs, policies and procedures as appropriate.
5. Plans, directs, coordinates and reviews the work plan for assigned staff; assigns work activities, projects and programs; reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems.
6. Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements discipline and termination procedures.
7. Oversees and participates in the development and administration of the Department’s strategic and operational goals and objectives, and associated budget requirements; participates in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures; implements adjustments.
8. Directs the maintenance of centralized personnel records; ensures records are accurately updated and in compliance with mandated rules and regulations.
9. Interprets District policies and procedures for employees; explains programs and resolves issues.
10. Manages the work of contracted professional services for the benefits program administration.
11. Serves as the liaison with other divisions, departments and outside agencies; negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues.
12. Monitors developments and legislation related to assigned area of responsibility; evaluates impact upon District operations; recommends and implements equipment, practice and procedural improvements.
13. Serves as staff on a variety of boards, commissions and committees; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
14. Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends, legislation and innovations in the field of personnel services/human resources management.
15. Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
A Bachelor's degree in human resources management, public administration, business administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Five (5) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable professional human resources management experience, which must have included at least two (2) years of supervisory and administrative experience.
Additional professional experience as outlined above may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis. A college degree is preferred.
Please Note: Applicants with transcripts from outside the United States or its territories must have the transcripts evaluated by an academic accrediting service.
Apply by: Wed, 01/31/2018