Alliance of Schools for Cooperative Insurance Programs (ASCIP)
Job Title: Executive Assistant to Chief Claims Officer
The primary function of this role is to provide direct administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Claims Officer (CCO) on a variety of tasks associated with the business needs of ASCIP’s Property & Liability Claims Department. The position requires a high level of initiative, competence, and administrative skills and is expected to operate with a high degree of independence. The position is required to interact with members, staff, and other external business partners in a highly professional, courteous, and confidential manner. The position is frequently required to meet deadlines necessary to the timely and accurate completion of projects.
Under the general direction of the CCO, the position performs a wide variety of technical and general clerical duties including keyboarding, data entry, filing, and operating office machines.
• Answer the CCO’s telephone when needed
• Coordinate and plan conference calls, virtual meetings, roundtables, symposiums as directed by the CCO.
• Promptly open, review, and organize mail addressed to the Claims Department and re-route the mail to the appropriate staff person.
• Compose replies to correspondence independently or from oral direction; prepare and distribute faxes; prepare materials for mailing and track shipments as needed.
• Establish and maintain a variety of electronic files consistent with the needs of ASCIP. It is a necessary requirement of this position that filing is completed promptly, orderly, and accurately.
• Prepare correspondence independently or from rough draft or oral instructions on a variety of matters; compose and/or type various letters, forms, reports, memoranda, lists, presentations, agreements, contracts, and other materials; review, revise, edit, format and proofread a variety of materials.
• Organize meetings and necessary materials, meals, etc. as required.
• Assist the CCO in the management of emails
• Insurance claims data entry
• Two years of general clerical office experience, and familiarity with basic computer operating systems and software.
• High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Experience can be substituted for post-secondary education.
• Mastery of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• General knowledge of insurance operations and/or functions.
• Proficient level computer skills working with Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
• Good customer service skills.
Apply by: Mon, 08/15/2022